- One off stock saving as Trust becomes almost stockless
- Avoids wastage on product estimated at some 5%.
- Productivity increases for staff and staff savings as less staff needed. Saving is more if agency nurses can be avoided.
- Internal supply chain saving as risk and responsibility for delivering and put away transfers to Kimal.
- Opportunity for value share if Kimal increases sales of own manufactured product
- Traceability of product usage down to patient level.
- Lower risk of infection as reduction of stocks held in ward areas.
Kimal provides a home delivery service to renal patients and patient specific deliveries to hospital Renal units. Patient specific packs contain consumable requirements of a particular patient, either from Kimal or another manufacturer; these are sourced, stored, picked, packed and then delivered in a patient specific, labelled box. With cold storage and a pharmacy facility on site, Kimal’s Patient Scheduled Management Service can include patient prescription items if required. Service benefits to the Trust: