NxStage System One
NxStage System One is the latest technology in Home Haemodialysis, distributed in the UK by leading medical device company Kimal plc.
The NxStage System One TM revolutionises the way dialysis is delivered to patients enabling them to have their treatment at home without the need for expensive and intrusive home conversions.
The NxStage System One TM is small enough to be transported by the patient enabling the freedom for them to travel on holiday and take their treatment with them within the UK or abroad.
A combination of factors makes NxStage unique:
- It is easy to use, making home therapy simple and practical.
- The NxStage System One is smalll and portable, at approximately 75 pounds and the size of a 13” television.
- It requires no special plumbing modifications. The PureFlow Sl utilises a simple tap under-sink, or washer connection and drains into any sink, toilet, or drain.
- Disposables are for single use. This simplifies setup, and eliminates the need for fluid path disinfection (no bleach or formaldehyde).
- Sterile dialysate in pre-packaged bags is available to take the System One on the road.
NxStage PureFlow SL Dialysate Preparation System
PureFlow SL is a compact, self-contained system designed to produce purified product water from ordinary tap water. The PureFlow SL helps to reduce delivery, storage and management challenges of premixed bagged dialysate or conventional home haemodialysis supplies.
The NxStage PureFlow SL is an accessory to the NxStage System One that prepares dialysate for use during haemodialysis, as prescribed by the physician.
Kimal has supplied NxStage System One™ Home Haemodialysis machines to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
The film 'Adam's Journey’ looks at sixteen year-old Great Ormond Street Hospital patient using NxStage System One™.